Monday, January 28, 2008

In the name of chivalry...

...I got called a "big fat bitch."

I am not used to minor gestures of gentlemenness. I think it was from one year and a couple of months in Chicago and getting door after door slammed in my fricking face (except Kelly and my bff, of course), but it was also from much earlier.

Really, I haven't had too many doors held open for me or guys being anything but weird to me. For Valentines one year I got a pack of smokes along with chocolate, another year I got some wigged out cd that I immediately threw away, and another year I spent V-day with some fucked up mobster and his uncles doing peels in a parking lot. He worked two hours a day Monday-Thursday.

So today when I was waiting patiently for a guy to enter a parking lot as it was his right of way and he didn't budge for what felt like twenty years and I mouthed "Move it you sack-sucking corn-fed beast," to him it was like any one of my dealings with the male species. Except this motherfucker called me on it.

"I was being a gentleman," he said when I got out of my car. Then turned around and said, "You don't have to be a big fat bitch about it." And he probably added this because I was pouring Fritos into my mouth straight from the bag (which had been in my car for about a week so he could've added "nasty" onto there and it would've been all the more fitting.)

I am going to go do the elliptical now.

No comments: