Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Evil Triumphs

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing (Edmund Burke)

or if you like,

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent (Thomas Jefferson)

Now I don't know if any war is good or not or if drugs are worth it or not or if stealing or being a gangster or swindling is even cool anymore anywhere, but I am over drama.

I am, in the words of this blog, going to say my piece.

Peace, my brothers and sisters, feel it.

And I feel it. Come to Minnesota. Feel the love!

Peace is soo super special. Especially when it makes everything all right. There is a Hawaiian conflict technique called Ho'o'ponono which translates to "cutting the cord."

Ho'o'ponono is like the Fish Philosophy video. To be successful you have to make a conscious decision to change your attitude. You play, you be present, you involve others positively, you choose your behavior. Except with Ho'o'ponono you add in the choice to stop manifesting negative emotions about a certain circumstance or person or situation.

It's the hardest thing in the world to do. But Hawaiians are masters at it and they go surfing like 10 hours a day so fuck us, right?

So I will choose to eradicate the absence of PEACE in my life. This is my mission.*

Come and join me.

*I did enjoy the latest "Die Hard" and "James Bond" so my mission will not extend to the big screen. Especially since I will fund my mission of peace off the profits of the world's next great drug drama screenplay I will be drafting starting Februry 1st.

But I often wonder, had Ericka Christensen not free-based cocaine in "Traffic" and if Anoka County would stop broadcasting their Meth-Addiction Informercial at a time when most kids are eating their Lucky Charms (and for real a girl on the informercial made me want to do meth so was so convincing she was like "Meth made me lose 20 lbs and I had so many boyfriends and we just partied at the Marriott all the time downtown...") would we have kids on drugs? And, Basically, I could figure out how to blow some serious shit up watching movies, too. That was never a possibility when I was younger. They don't dumb it down anymore and give the explosives fake names. It's like "put some activated charcoal across the hood of a newer model car with some petroleum jelly. Grab a garbage can made of metal that has been in the sun all day. Get a half a block run at the vehicle and smash it into the charcoaled spot with as much velocity as you can muster. You, incidentally, will not survive. Try tinfoil, a Windex product and cola. Shake it up and stick it in a snow bank. Or maybe my friend taught me that one. I don't know.

Back to peace. Let's do it! Sounds better.

No comments: